There have been lots of updates, changes and new additions to GAFE since the beginning of the school year. Below are some of the highlights:
- New Google Classroom Features Make It Easier To learn, Teach, Manage and Build by Andrew Garrett
- Individual Assignments– Teachers can post work and announcements to individual students in a class.
- New teacher notifications—Teachers receive email and mobile notifications when a student submits late work or resubmits work.
- Teachers can schedule assignments, questions, or announcements to post at a later date. The post is then automatically published to the class stream at the scheduled date and time.
- Teachers can add topics to the class stream without creating posts.
- Students can create a new blank PDF file, write notes or draw images on it, and save it as an attachment to their assignment.
- Teachers can view the history of changes to a student’s grades in submission history.
- Teachers can rename, archive, and delete classes.
- Topics for stream organization: Teachers can organize the class stream by adding topics to posts. Teachers and students can filter the stream by topic.
- Teachers can add a subject when creating a class.
- Google Earth for Chromebook
Google Forms: All you should know about the new file upload feature by Romain Vialard
- The New Google Sites: The Good, The Bad, and Nothing Ugly! by Kasey Bell
- 4 Hidden Features of Google Classroom by Ben Sondgeroth