Slides can be edited in VoiceThread using the slide preview. Click on the slide you wish to edit, and a preview will appear on the left-hand side of the page.
- Rotating a Slide- Some types of files can be rotated so that they are oriented differently than they were when you imported them. If the file you have uploaded can be rotated, the top arrows will appear in the top two corners of the preview. Click these arrows to rotate the media. Video, document and PDF files cannot be rotated.
- Deleting a Slide- the trashcan icon is in the bottom- right corner of the preview below. You’ll be prompted to confirm your deletion. After you click yes to confirm, the slide will be deleted. Keep in mind that any comments on the slide will also be deleted. VoiceThread cannot retrieve any deleted content.
- Replacing a Slide– If you want to put a new image on a slide without losing the comments already recorded on it, use the replace option above the slide preview. This opens a dialogue box so you can choose a new file. This file will upload over the existing one. Once the file uploads and processes, the new image will appear on the slide. All of the comments already recorded on this slide will be preserved.
- Adding a Title & Link to a Slide– to add a title and active link to a slide, click the (add title & link) option below the preview. This opens a box where you can enter a title and a valid URL.
- When view in your VoiceThread slide others will see the title at the top of the slide. If someone clicks on the title, the URL you have entered in the links to field will open in a new tab or window.
- Slides imported from Flickr, Khan Academy, etc. will include the appropriate title & link to give attribution to the image source automatically.