Creating Albums in iPhoto
An album is great way to record key events or document a particular subject. In iPhoto you can organize an album with images arranged in the order you want and you can include the same image in multiple albums without making multiple copies of the image.
To create an album, just follow the simple steps below:
- Open iPhoto
- Add an album by clicking on “file” and then click on “new album”
- Give your album a title
- To add a photo to your album, click on the photo in your iPhoto library & drag it to your album. To add multiple photos at once, hold down the shift key & click on each image & drag them to your album.
- To view your album click once on your album title. You can arrange your photos by selecting the organize button & dragging your images so that they are in the order you want.
- To remove an image from an album, click on the image & press delete. If you want to To remove a group of images, hold down the shift key while you select each image & press the delete key (this will remove the images from your album but will not delete them from your iPhoto Library). To remove an entire album, select the album & press the delete key.
- iPhoto saves automatically so you can exit when you are done
How to Create iPhoto Slideshows
Slideshows are a great way to showcase your iPhoto albums. iPhoto slideshows allow you to combine pictures, soundtracks and special effects to create an engaging experience for your viewers.
To create a slideshow, just follow the simple steps below:
- Choose the album or groups of photos you want in your show. Click the Add (+) button on the toolbar and then click the Slideshow tab. The name for the slideshow may automatically fill in with an album name. You can change the name by clicking on the slideshow in the source list on the left hand side and typing in the name you want. The name of your slideshow is now in the source list under a Slideshows heading. You can also add videos by importing them into your iPhoto library and then including them in your album.
Click “Create” and drag pictures in the order you want them to play in the photo browser at the top of the viewing area.
- Click on “Themes” to change the theme of your show
- Click on “Text Slide” to add captions or information to your slide show
- Click “Music” to choose a soundtrack from iTunes, GarageBand, or sample music included with iPhoto.
- Click “Settings”, make your selections- Choose how long you want to play each slide, the transition between slides (dissolve, page flip, twirl), scale photos to fill the screen, zoom in on photos, show titles, etc.
- Click OK.
- To preview the slideshow, click “Preview”
- To play your slideshow click on “Play”
- Click export your slideshow as a file, a webpage or to iTunes by click on “export” under “file” in the top menu or clicking on “export” in the slideshow menu